25 December 2011

The world as battlefield

I'm very, very leery of the Alex Jones crowd.  I worry that even, no ESPECIALLY, when he writes something I agree with, that I'm falling off into the deep end of paranoia.  As part of my life goal of never starring in a movie with a creature that could bite my head off, it's important to me to avoid sounding like Mel Gibson in conspiracy theory (or in real life, I guess).




That Eat Pray Love movie is stranger than I realized. Also, does she consider eating babies a snack because they're bite-sized?
 
But when someone points out to me that the crazier versions of what the "beared porcupine" said turns out to be not only true, but increasingly likely, I get worried.

Obama had originally threatened to veto the bill, but not over the indefinite-detention clauses. In fact, bill sponsor Senator Carl Levin (D-Mich.) says it was the White House that insisted the language be altered to include American citizens:
The language which precluded the application of Section 1031 to American citizens was in the bill that we originally approved….and the administration asked us to remove (it) which says that US citizens and lawful residents would not be subject to this section.
Under the bill, American citizens can be indefinitely detained without proof merely on suspicion of having supported terrorist groups. Exactly what constitutes such “support” is, as always, the government’s guess.

Does this mean I need to go buy "Catcher in the Rye?"  Or, since I'm technically working for the bad guys, do I get a black helicopter of my own? That would be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment