13 December 2011

Unfamiliar with Boozery

A woman (admittedly British) got beat up by foreigners.  The got away with it because they weren't used to being drunk.

The four women - three sisters and their cousin - were told the charge of actual bodily harm, which carries a maximum sentence of five years, against 22-year-old care worker Rhea Page would normally land them in custody.
However, the judge handed the women suspended sentences after hearing that they were not used to alcohol because their religion does not allow it.

If this becomes an affirmative defense in America, then it seems like first time offenses would all by concatenation be immediately dismissed.  In fact, almost all  crimes would have to have a pattern of repeat offenses to be able to satisfy the burden of proof.

Or possibly, if I took a new drug every time I wanted to kill someone, that should work right?  I'm not used to dropping acid (it's been years and years).  I've never done meth.  That's two people I could kill according to this theory, right?  Or just beat up?  Either way, I'm on board with it, as my list of necessary deletions isn't getting any shorter.


I don't pray, but if I did, this would be on top of my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment