24 August 2011

Cletus the Slack Jawed Yokel Lives!


Or more precisely, his dumpy female cousin. 

Where I sit while I "work" looks out onto the main lobby which has both the entrance doors and the elevators.  I get to see a strange sort of disorganized parade every day with all the... ahem... colorful people who work and live in this town.

Today, one of the employees of the fine dining establishment Dominoes came to the building to deliver a pizza to the fifth floor, just about fifteen minutes ago.  She asked me how to get to the fifth floor.  I showed her the elevators, and she said "No, I mean how do they work?"

Me: "How do the elevators work? Really?"

Her: "Yeah, I've never been on one.  Is it fast?"

Being unable to respond politely or anywhere near appropriately, I took a breath and stepped back. Then, I asked where she was going, and told her to get in the elevator while I pushed the button.

It's been a while and she hasn't come back down.  I assume the nurses on five are having fun showing her things like toothbrushes and television.

No comments:

Post a Comment